What Causes Dry Eye?
Often, a variety of causes can combine to contribute to dry eye.1,3,5,6 If you have any of the conditions below and also have dry eye symptoms, talk with your doctor.
Click on a card to see more
Other risk factors include:
Help Prevent Dry Eye
While there is no cure for dry eye, these tips can help prevent and relieve symptoms of dry eye. 2,3
To view more Tips and Tricks, click here
The SYSTANE® Family of Products is the #1 Doctor recommended brand of artificial tears. The SYSTANE® Family of Products includes options that are used for the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye.
- Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dryeyes/DS00463/DSECTION=causes Accessed March 5, 2013.
- Mayo Clinic.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dryeyes/DS00463/DSECTION=prevention Accessed April 4, 2013.
- American Optometric Association, Dry Eye. http://aoa.org/dry-eye.xml Accessed April 4, 2013.
- AOA. http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/=eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-ofeye-and-vision-conditions/dry-eye
- Environmental factors.
- Lasik and other refractive surgeries. https://www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3235707/